Thursday 22 March 2012

Antique Infatuation

Not much charity shopping went down today. More gin in beer gardens discussing the pros and cons of starting a Gossip Girl/Mean Girls Burn Book style blog... But we did go and browse the local antique shops in search of some vintage bargains.

It's been a while since I've been to the antique shop. I used to walk past it every day and now whenever I go back I'm always so amazed by the strange old stuff in it. These were some of my favourites today.

I need a pretty, free standing mirror





How cute is this shell encrusted jewellery box? I don't know who has £45 to spend on things like that, or a box containing taxidermic wildlife, or a £345 skull, but I could waste hours wandering around and looking at it, imagining who used to use it or where it was placed in their house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like...